Monday, February 27, 2006

Where's the cross platform accounting apps?

One thing that has really irked me over the years, is the lack of cross platform accounting applications. The only one I've come across that actually is capable of some of the more advanced functions I need in an accounting applications is Quasar. It's not a bad little app, but it has some bugs, that make it a little less usable than it could be. Which is too bad, because it's made right here in Canuckland, or try this if you're francophone ;-) I have actually used this program, and it's useful in that I can actually produce reports with it that my accountant can use. (although usually that's me :-D )

I decided to do something about it, and have begun writing an accounting package in Java that should run on anything that supports the Java Runtime Environment 1.5.0. Sometimes referred to as the JRE. This means it will run on Windows, MacOS, Linux, Solaris, AIX, even PocketPC or PalmOS.

The program is coming along nicely, I should have a preview of it available in a month or two. I'll post more as details become available. I still owe everyone a review of PCLinuxOS so I'll try to get that up by the end of the week.

Until then...NT

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dan, where's my accounting software preview?

8:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home